AC Servo Systems, Motors, Drives And Gearboxes
Servo motor systems provide the highest possible level of performance for precise control of position, velocity, and torque.
A standard AC servo system closes the loop on current, velocity, and position (depending on control mode selection).
Most servos systems will also have available controls for proportional gain, integral gain, feed forward compensation, command low pass filter, and notch filter for resonance suppression.
Compared to lower cost stepping systems, an AC servo system provides three key advantages:
- More torque at higher speeds (up to 5,000 rpm)
- Broader range of power (up to 3kW)
- Higher response with closed-loop control (high hit rate without stalling or lost position)
The new “SureServo” family of brushless servo systems from Automation Direct is fully digital and offers a rich set of features to cover a broad range of applications. There are eight standard permanent magnet servo motors that can be operated in combination with one of three standard servo drives. SureServo benefits are:
- Precise control of position, velocity and torque
- Eight standard systems from 100W to 3kW
- Use with DirectLOGIC PLCs or any other host controller
- Drives feature on-board indexer and adaptive tuning modes
- Free setup software – download at SureServo Downloads
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Two year warranty
- Complete servo systems start at $986.50
The SureServo family is designed for flexibility and quick implementation. The drives accept a wide range of command sources:
- Built-in motion controller w/preset position, velocity or torque
- Select presets with switch inputs and/or the multi-drop Modbus serial interface
- Position commands with “pulse and direction” or “count up and down” format
- Analog voltage Velocity or Torque command
- Encoder follower
The user interface is highly intuitive and simple to operate. For configuration, tuning and diagnostics:
- use the drive’s integrated keypad /display
- or take advantage of the free SureServo Pro PC-based software.
- tune the system easily with adaptive auto-tuning selections or a manual mode.
The servo system can also be adapted to diverse applications with configurable I/O, including :
- eight digital inputs,
- five digital outputs,
- two analog monitors
- and a scalable encoder output
Automation Direct also features high performance planetary gearboxes. For systems which require precise inertia balancing and quiet operation, the SureGear PGA series have superior specifications. These also easily mate to SureServo motors, or other manufacturers motors.. Everything needed to mount the SureServo motor is included in the system. Highlights for the SureGear precision gearbox are:
- Four gear ratios available (5, 10, 15, 25:1)
- Mounting hardware included for attaching to SureServo motors
- Industry-standard mounting dimensions
- Thread-in mounting style
- Best-in-class backlash (5 arc-min)
- 5-year warranty
Related Article – Precision Planetary Gearboxes For Servomotors
The Servo Amplifiers Drives start at $488.00 (SVA-2040)
For additional information, product details, see the systems overview below:
(Image Credit – Automation Direct)
If you found this article interesting and informative, please be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter as well as daily email / RSS Feeds at SourceTech411 .