Data controller and contact information
SourceTech411 is the data controller of the personal data we collect when you use our website, buy our products and services, create a My SourceTech411 account and subscribe to our newsletter. For questions or inquiries, please contact us at SourceTech411, 466 Foothill Blvd,. #112, La Canada CA, 91011 or email: “external dot webmaster at Sourcetech411 dot com”
Personal data – definition, collection and use
Personal data is all information that relates directly or indirectly to an identifiable individual person. SourceTech411 collects personal data about you in four different situations:
- When you visit our website – We may store and process information about how you use our site. The purpose is to improve your user experience.
- When you create a My SourceTech411 account and subscribe to our newsletter – We may store and process at a minimum your email address, and depending on the type of service may also request your first name, surname, country and additional information that you can choose to provide to us such as address, interests, products, etc. We also store information about how you use the newsletter, for example if you read it or not. The purpose is to adapt and improve how we treat you as a customer and our service to you.
- When you buy products – We may store and process your IP address, first name, surname, delivery address, email and mobile number. If you have a My SourceTech411 account, your purchase history is also stored and processed. For corporate customers, we also save company name and organization number. The purpose is to be able to sell and deliver products to you, as well as improve customer relations and service to you.
- When you buy courses – We may store and process your purchase history in addition to the information you have provided to us when you create a My SourceTech411 account. The purpose is to be able to sell and provide education and improve customer service and our service to you.
How we use your personal data
When we refer to ‘personal data’ we mean any information that allows us to identify you personally. Obvious examples include your name, email address, postal address etc. We will always seek to gain your explicit consent to providing this information before we collect it from you, although this may not be the only legal basis on which we collect the data.
Other types of information, such as your computer’s ‘IP’ address or broad geographical location do not, generally, allow us to identify you directly. However, because in their current form, European data privacy regulations are somewhat vague in this regard, we will cover the use of such data here also.
The personal data we collect will be used to:
- Create and administrate your My SourceTech411 account.
- Send important notices to you, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms and conditions and policies. Send newsletters, offers and other news about SourceTech411 ‘s latest product launches, firmware and software updates and upcoming events. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out by simply clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletters.
- Help us develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content, advertising and customer communications through internal audits, data analysis and research of the personal data and preferences you provided to us in connection with membership, purchase, lotteries, competitions or other promotional programs, if you participate in such events.
- Help us customize offers and marketing to you as a member, subscriber and customer through analysis of characteristics, habits and behaviors of yours based on the number of purchases, categories of purchases, interests, behavior on the website and in connection with the receipt of our digital marketing.
- Fulfill any obligations we have according to law, for example accounting and tax regulations.
Our processing is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you as a customer and member of My SourceTech411 and for you to be able to receive the benefits stated in our terms and conditions.
If you are not willing to provide SourceTech411 with the information requested to perform our contractual obligations towards you as a customer, we will not able to provide you with membership, subscription or delivery of products and services.
We also process personal data for marketing purposes, as we have a legitimate commercial interest in marketing our products and services to customers and potential customers. In some cases, SourceTech411 has a legal obligation to process your personal data, for example for accounting purposes and we process your personal data under this legal obligation.
Technical data (such as ‘IP address’)
When you visit our website, our systems will log a record of your visit in our server logs, and typically this record will include the technical ‘IP’ address that is associated with your device and the browser type and version that you are using.
Such server logs are extremely common practice, and are used to monitor technical resources, monitor high-level server activity, and importantly to detect and prevent malicious or fraudulent activity on our systems. This data can also be used, if required, to diagnose reports of technical issues. The storage of IP addresses, allow us to identify patterns of behavior (such as repeated malicious attempts to access a system).
IP addresses, in and of themselves, do not allow us in any way to identify you as an individual, especially given that it is very common for IP addresses to be dynamically allocated by your service provider, and will therefore often routinely change.
Furthermore, we do not and will not use the content of server access logs to attempt to determine an identifiable individual. We therefore do not consider that data held within server logs falls within the scope of ‘personal data’, and accordingly we do not seek your consent to collect it.
Disclosure to Third Parties
SourceTech411 may disclose and share certain personal data to strategic partners that work with SourceTech411 to provide or improve SourceTech411 products and services or that help SourceTech411 to market its products and services to customers. Personal data will not be shared with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
SourceTech411 may disclose and share personal data with SourceTech411 ’s service providers, namely companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, accounting and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your personal data according to data processing agreements.
Protection of personal data
SourceTech411 takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft, misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
When you use some of SourceTech411 products, services or applications or post in a SourceTech411 forum, chat room, or social networking service the personal data you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected or used by them. You are responsible for the personal data you choose to submit in these instances.
For example, if you list your name and e-mail address in a forum posting, that information is then public. Please think about this before using these features and provide information about yourself there.
The advantage to you as a visitor on the Site is that information requested by SourceTech411 for samples, support or purchases will be pre-filled for you based on the information we collect via a cookie and your stored profile. This saves you time from entering information each time you visit the Site and request any function within the Site that requires registration.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting.
There are a number of ways that you can influence how cookies are used on your particular device. Most commercial browsers (such as Chrome, Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) allow you to set preferences for whether to allow or block website cookies.
They will also provide tools that allow you to remove any cookies that have already been set. Using the ‘Help’ functionality of your browser, or an internet search, will help you to understand how to use these features for your particular browser.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact at email address “external dot webmaster at Sourcetech411 dot com”
We use Google Analytics and WordPress Jetpack to better understand what people look at on our website.
When people visit our site, information about their visit (such as which pages they look at, how long they spend on the site and so on) is sent in an anonymous form to Google Analytics (which is controlled by Google) or JetPack.
The data contains information about anyone who uses our website from your computer, and there is no way to identify individuals from the data.
We ensure that no personally identifiable information is ever contained within the data sent to our analytics providers, and we also perform a process which partially obscures your IP address information.
As analytics information is not personal data, we do not specifically ask for your prior consent.
Third-Party sites and services
SourceTech411’s websites, products, applications and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. SourceTech411does not take any responsibility for the content of such websites and encourage you to obtain information about the privacy policies of such third parties.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Provisions
Consumers’ rights are not discriminated against by SourceTech411 for exercising any CCPA rights.
Any visitors to the SourceTech411 website may request deletion of Personal Information collected, shared or sold by this website. Send us an email at “external dot webmaster at Sourcetech411 dot com” stating your request.