4 Top Cross Platform Mobile App Development Tools
Cross platform mobile development refers to a technique of developing mobile applications which can be used on multiple mobile platforms.
As there are numerous platforms, device fragmentation was one of the major challenges which made it difficult for the developers to create apps that runs on all mobile devices.
Cross-platform mobile development tools were developed to solve this issue which ensures uniformity by offering common device functionality features.
As today’s mobile application developers are trying to be agile, they use the best tools to develop a mobile application. Below listed are the 4 best cross platform mobile app development tools.
1. PhoneGap / Apache Cordova
2. Appcelerator Titanium
3. Adobe Air
4. Sencha Touch
1. PhoneGap / Apache Cordova:
It is an open source framework which lets you create mobile applications using standardized web interface for the platforms you care about.
* It lets you develop apps easily without any major investment.
* Installation of PhoneGap app is similar to the installation of a native app.
* Mobile app developer himself has to write the plugin if it’s not available.
* Performance will be affected if the developer uses many graphics.
2. Appcelerator Titanium:
It is an open and extensible development environment used for creating beautiful native apps across different mobile devices.
* It lets you develop an application in a flexible way with its rapid prototyping.
* Uses standard user-interface elements like tables, buttons etc.
* It lets you store the data locally.
* Supports asynchronous module definition (AMD) and common JS.
* Access is restricted for certain components of a mobile OS.
* It offers limited access to device resources like camera.
3. Adobe Air:
* Assures a rich user experience.
* It lets you create apps with rich media content which require flash.
* Easy to install.
* Plays high-quality HD videos with industry-standard codecs.
* Database access is limited to SQLite or web services.
* Developer needs to have a good knowledge on complex languages to use Adobe Air.
4. Sencha Touch:
It is a mobile application framework which enables you to build powerful applications that work on iOS, Android Windows and other platforms.
* Delivers a rich experience as expected by the users.
* It provides rich set of documentation and screencast which makes you more productive.
* It ensures pixel perfection with its advanced layout engine.
* Chances of vendor getting locked in are high as it is not an open source.
Article Source: EzineArticles by Author Steve Vento, an expert writer in Web Design and Development and Mobile Application Development. Articles and Press Release. Currently analyzes trends of Mobile Application Development and writes articles for Fortune Innovation Brisbane Websites. Fortune innovation brisbane’s expert designers help you in developing smarter mobile applications while deciding which cross-platform framework is ideal for you. Kindly get in touch with us for any requirements on the development of mobile applications.
(Image Credit – Bing Images )
Stay Informed On Latest Tech News – If you found this article interesting and informative, please visit us for more at SourceTech411 .