Design West 2013 runs April 22nd through 25th at the McEnery Convention Center in downtown San Jose, CA.
This is the second year for the 4-day conference that emphasizes hands on education, training sessions and interactions with the leading electronics suppliers.
The event has something for everyone at all stages in the design and development cycle:
- Embedded Hardware, Software, and Firmware Engineers
- Engineers, Programmers, and Software Developers
- Engineering Managers, VP’s of Engineering and CTOs
- Industry Analysts, Product Managers and Strategists
- Vendor Companies, Distributors, and Sponsors
The “Expo Only” passes are available free by Online Registration through April 18th, and onsite during the conference April 19th through 25th. Until they reach the maximum number of free passes, you can register online using promo code TECHFUN for your upgraded All Access pass which includes lunch ($60 value), or your FREE Expo Pass.
In addition to the expo floor, included with the free expo passes are:
- Keynote Speakers
- Vendor Sessions
- Hands On Training Labs
- Parties and Giveaways
Upgrading to the “Expo Pass Plus” for $200, less any discounts such as IEEE Membership, will add the Conference Proceedings and a 3 classes.
The conference is described as:
DESIGN West is the world’s only technical conference and expo for electronics design engineers, entrepreneurs, and technology professionals who create products with electronic content.
Held in the heart of Silicon Valley, it is where the world’s top design engineers and product developers gather and learn, gain inspiration, and get practical information and hands-on training they can put to immediate use.
Launched in 2012, the four-day DESIGN West event builds upon the solid foundation of engineering education pioneered by the Embedded Systems Conference (ESC). Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2013, ESC is joined by popular design summits including Black Hat and the Android Certification Program.
The conference features over 150 technical lectures, panels, tutorials, certification programs, and hands-on training sessions taught by the industry’s top experts on the most relevant software, hardware, and systems design topics and tools for creating great products
If you are considering attending, here are just a few reasons the organizers think this is the west coast conference for the spring:
- You’ll hone your skills in embedded design and learn about the latest software, hardware, and tools for engineers
- You’ll learn about the latest development boards and tools enabling quick and pain-free prototyping and deployment
- You’ll gain insight into the entire product design cycle – from concept through to production – direct from engineers who have successfully navigated their way through the challenges
- You’ll acquire skills in areas that are new to you through our Tech Fundamentals sessions
- You’ll get your hands on the actual hardware and development boards in our hands-on training sessions and Hands-on Speed Training sessions on the expo floor
- You’ll gain insight from our product teardowns, running throughout the day during expo hours
- You’ll learn from other engineers who are coping with similar challenges and gain insight into their trade-off analysis and decision-making process
- And you’ll be able to put everything you learned to immediate use
If the east coast venues, or fall conference dates, better suit your schedule then consider attending DESIGN East .
Related Article – Design East 2013
For anyone in the electronics community, this is an event to attend. Whether it’s to augment your technical skills, learn about new products and vendors, or to network with industry experts, there is something here for everyone.
(Photo Credit – Design West)
If you found this article interesting and informative, please be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter as well as daily email / RSS Feeds at SourceTech411 .