After you get to the airport and make it through the security lines, it’s time to catch up on emails or just relax with a streaming video.
Unless you have your own dedicated air-card to connect with, you’ll be relying on the Wi-Fi provided by the airport.
To help navigate how to connect to the airport Wi-Fi and what you can get for free, our friends at AirFareWatchdog have compiled a list of Wi-Fi access at the major US and International airports.
The good news for US travelers is that a few of the major airports offer free Wi-Fi access, although some come with advertisements or lower bandwith connections (sorry, no HD video streaming) :
- Dallas (DFW) – Free with no restrictions
- Las Vegas (LAS) – Free with brief advertising
- Los Angeles (LAX) – Free for Basic (e.g., lower bandwith)
- Philadelphia (PHL) – Free with no restrictions
- San Francisco (SFO) – Free with no restrictions
- Washington (IAD & DCA) – Free with no restrictions
Enjoy the flight and safe travels !
(Image Credit – Cancun International Airport)
If you found this article interesting and informative, please be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter as well as daily email / RSS Feeds at SourceTech411 .
SAN and SJC are free too. I think DIA has a paid service, but its been a year or two since I went through there.