Lightshow West 2013 At The Los Angeles Convention Center
Lightshow West is being held at the Los Angeles Convention Center for two days, October 23rd and 24th, 2013. Attendees have the opportunity to meet with hundreds of exhibitors including Cree, Philips and Feit.
Many exhibitors will be introducing new products and technologies, as well as demonstrating their current product portfolios. The show, trade floor, speaker series and seminars are free to industry attendees, but you’ll need to register in advance.
LightShow West is the only trade show and conference specifically created for West Coast specifiers of commercial, architectural and high design lighting products. Celebrating its 10th year, this LightShow West event will offer more seminars and with wider learning unit options. They have an updated website to make exploring the show offerings easier. All with an eye toward showcasing the best the industry has to offer to the region’s buyers and specifiers of architectural and commercial lighting products.
Attendees can also avoid Los Angeles traffic by taking Amtrak or Metro trains instead of driving. Lightshow is providing a free shuttle bus service between Union Station and the LA Convention Center.
LightShow West is your source for continuing education. As a registered AIA and USGBC Continuing Education Provider, they offer 30 sessions that will keep you on top of the latest developments in the lighting industry while helping you earn AIA and LEED learning units. And they’re FREE to show attendees! While there is no extra cost for the educational seminars, they are ticketed events. Be sure to secure your seat in the sessions you choose by selecting them during the registration process, and the tickets will be printed out on site when you arrive.
Wednesday Sessions Include:
- How to Maximize Sustainability and Quality for LEED Points
- Stay Green While Achieving Basic Objectives
- California Lighting Code 2014 — What You Need to Know Now
- The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Energy Efficient Products and 3 Tools to Help You Choose Wisely
- LED Lighting — How it has Changed, What to Expect Going Forward
- Unique and Revolutionary Changes in Title 24 for 2014 — How Will This Challenge Your Work?
- Lighting Design 101 for Commercial Interior Designers
- Designing With Today’s LED Technology
- Improving Daylighting Performance Prediction — New Metrics and Tools
- ASID Panel Discussion: Collaboration Across Professions
- Los Angeles’ LED Conversion Program: What We Learned, What Challenges We Faced
- LED: What’s New and What You Need to Know
- Lighting Control: Comparative Advantages and Disadvantages
- Turning Your Architecture into a Canvas: Harnessing the Power of Color LED Lighting
- Understanding the 3 Factors Than Can Make or Break a Commercial Office Space Lighting Design
Thursday Sessions Include:
- How Integrated Building Technology Helps Fulfill Changing Energy Code Standards
- Street & Area LED Lighting: The Latest Standards and More
- The Most Relevant Title 24 Changes That You Need to Know About
- Retail Lighting: Design within Reach — A Case Study
- The Real Energy Efficiency of LED Lighting
- Lighting Control Systems That Meet New Title 24 Requirements
- Integrating Daylighting Harvesting Devices into Lighting Control Strategies
- How LED Controls Positively Impact User Metrics and End-User Benefits
- The New Energy Code, Lower LPDs More Restrictions, Now What Do I Do?
- A New “Best Practice” in Office Lighting Design
- How to Select Effective and Efficient Fixtures for Productive Work Spaces
- Lighting Commissioning: How to Do It, Why It’s Important & Why It’s Valuable
- Best Practices for Handling Challenges of Open-Ceiling Lighting Installations
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Energy Efficient Lighting Project
- The Latest Developments in North American SSL Standards and Specifications
Lightshow West also offers attendees the opportunity to network with colleagues, speakers and exhibitors at a complimentary wine and cheese reception. This hosted gathering is on Wednesday, October 23rd, from 5 to 7 p.m. on the trade show floor.
(Image Credit – Lightshow West)
If you found this article interesting and informative, please be sure to sign up for our weekly e-newsletter as well as daily email / RSS Feeds at SourceTech411 .