Unity 3D is a cross-platform game engine with a built-in IDE developed by Unity Technologies which goes across all platforms like PCs, Web, iOS platforms, and several gaming console platforms. It is used to develop video games for web plugins, desktop platforms, consoles and mobile devices. Every game developer takes advantage of acquiring a game engine that helps in the creation and subsequent development of video games.
Unity was launched at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to build functions and projects on Mac computers. It was later was introduced for other platforms. Unity performs as a game development environment providing intuitive tools that help you design awesome 3D content.
- Platform Support – Great out of the box support for a wide variety of platforms. We’re seeing about 95% shared work between PC, iOS and web
- Unified Editor – A single editor for all platforms is ideal. The editor itself is also an amazing tool with most common features implemented well
- Great visuals – Support for advanced effects with great shader/material support and a nice pfx editor. Visuals scale well down to mobile devices while giving enough low level access for optimizations with shaders
- Maturity – Tools and community are becoming more mature as time goes on. Answers.unity3d.com has a wealth of information. The asset store is also growing into a great asset for developers both selling and buying
- Multi-developer support – The free version doesn’t support multiple developers well. There is talk of rectifying this in the future, but at this time this is a big sticking point for many people I talk to and is the reason they haven’t adopted Unity
- No great 2D support – While there are alternatives, the fact 2D isn’t supported so well out of the box is a little disappointing
Overall Unity is a pleasure to work with and I highly recommend it to indie developers. The few cons we have with it all have work arounds and have not caused us to move to another tool.
Article Source: Unity 3D is a cross-platform game engine with a built-in IDE
Author: Alcanzarsoft is a tech enthusiast and likes writing about technology.
Here at http://alcanzarsoft.com/ we develop games with animated characters and interactive settings using Unity 3D tools. Unity is an excellent platform for beginners who want to learn more about game development. In addition, it provides developers with online tutorials to begin game development and practice different techniques to build high quality games. we can say that Unity 3D is a solid tool for beginners and also for users who do not have many resources at their disposal to hire people for game development.
(Image Credit – Bing Images )
Stay Informed On Latest Tech News – If you found this article interesting and informative, please visit us for more at SourceTech411 .
Comments are closed.